Saturday, December 20, 2003

Attack of the Killer Pointsettia...

The annual office pointsettia has struck again. Every December, my office receives a potted pointsettia from one of the magazines in which we advertise. Last year, I stuck the plant on top of the corner filing cabinet, and the next morning, the ivy plant hanging above that cabinet was a pot of shrivelled up leaves and twigs. Not that the plant was exactly thriving before, but it was on the mend. I think I might have renewed its will to live if the killer pointsettia hadn't whacked it in the middle of the night.

This year, someone stuck the pointsettia on the Xerox machine. Now, the copier will not spit any copies out, preferring to accordion-fold them and hoard them just short of the document sorter.

Now, if I could only decide where the plant should go next year.

No comments: