Monday, February 05, 2007

You Might Be A Computer Geek If...

It's five degrees Fahrenheit out, with a decent breeze--the type of weather that makes one notice every little failing of the weatherstripping. One of the back bedrooms had a nice draft coming in through the edges of the window frame, so I took some indoor rope caulk to it this morning. As I emerged from the room, Emp. Peng. inquired as to what I had been up to.

"Patching a window," I answered.

He got that look about him that is generally reserved for after I tell him not to worry, the fire is out. "What? Is something wrong with the computer?"

"Not Windows. Window, singular. You know, those big glass things in the wall that let light in the house."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My curiosity got the better of me.
How many times, or how often, do you have to tell him not to worry, as the fire is out?

How many times have you seen such an expression?

Nimrod

Janet said...

Since we've been together, three times. All small and kitchen-related. Nothing a little baking soda didn't take care of.