Saturday, August 02, 2008

Nice run while it lasted

So much for Woodrow's friend. I'm not a wildlife expert, but that sure looks like a skunk carcass between the hostas and the dicentra. Not that I'm planning on getting up close to check for sure that he hasn't just found a really odd place for a skunk to take a nap. For that matter, it's a really odd place for a skunk to keel over.

This, of course, leaves me with an interesting problem--namely a skunk carcass about 10 feet from my front door--that is only going to get worse if scavengers don't find it soon. Suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it were me, I would don a mask, goggles, cap and gloves before approaching the creature. Examine with a stick, then retreat and prepare a strong plastic bag to contain it. Be sure most of your skin is covered, none of your little shorts. Instead of gloves, use disposable bags on your hands, place the strong bag, open end down over the carcase, pull one edge under it so it ends up inside. Peel the used bags from your hands, allow them to fall inside the bigger bag, twist and tie the neck. HTH,

Nimrod