Sunday, December 05, 2004

Spell Check

Last night, I was on the phone with my sister (Ann O.), and she was telling me about their big plans with the kids for this weekend, which are supposed to be a surpise, so key words were being spelled out. The children are in first grade and kindergarten and nine months old, so that trick still works for the time being. The conversation went something like:

HER: Then we are going to take the T-R-A-I-N to get a Christmas tree and have some-- [long pause]
ME: C-O-C-A
HER: Is that right?
ME: I mean C-O-C-O-A. Wait a minute! Why am I spelling things? I'm on the phone. They can't hear me.

Just your funny moment of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now how can I be anonymous if you go and tell everyone? Here's another funny for you out of the mouths of babes..Miss Val (the kindergartener) enlightened us all. We took to a large corporate discount store that shall remain nameless. While in there Val was offered the opportunity to visit Santa. She thought for a moment as to if she wanted to do this then replyed with a "well duh, Daddy" look on her face. "No. Daddy, we're in Walmart, he's not real!" Everyone in the vicinity busted up, as you can expect. Incidentally, the next day while at the t-r-a-i-n stop to pick up our tree, she happily hopped on Santa's lap, relayed her list of demands, I mean desires, and gratefully received a gift from Santa. He must have been the real one, he wasn't at Walmart. I mean the nameless store. Congrats again on meeting your goal!