Saturday, April 15, 2006

Around the Rookery

My apologies that the daily Beakful of Knowledge has not been regular of late. I've been working my flippers off in the yard since the thaw. I have added sour cherry, plum and peach trees and blackberry, raspberry, and marionberry vines. In addition, I potted out three tomato, four pepper, and a strawberry plant into containers for a deck garden, dug out a stand of daffodils and moved a pink rhododendron from a raised bed to where the daffodils had been. I still have to plant the blueberry and the grape. And that's just what I have added. I subtracted a dogwood and a maple sapling that apparently died of rodent gnawing, and still have to remove two ugly bushes of indeterminate types, a dead juniper shrub, and a line of hostas.

Yes, the rookery is looking nice; the blog suffers. The head penguin is sore but getting buff arms and back from all the digging. I also have a newfound respect for anyone who manages to bury a body.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I also have a newfound respect for anyone who manages to bury a body."

Ohhhh, it's not so hard, you just have to find a nice, quiet out of the way place with really soft soil... OH! UMMM! So I'm told!!!

BTW, THANKS MUCH for the program, it arrived on Friday!!! That is TOOOO COOOOL!!!