Tuesday, April 03, 2007

At Least The Yard Looks Better

I hurt. It might have been the two wheelbarrow loads of fist-sized stones I took from behind the barn to the flower bed at the bottom of the driveway (about 500 feet one way, mercifully downhill), or it could have been the 22 wheelbarrow loads of mulch I loaded, moved and spread around the barn and the house. I think it is safe to say that the one load of leftover sod bits is not the problem. Whatever the cause, I am sore.

One of the 22 loads of mulch went to the newly transplanted azalea. I don't know what someone was thinking when they planted it, but "shade loving" does not mean "plant on the north face of a retaining wall, behind a hedge, under a tree." There's shade, and then there is never seeing daylight.

Did I mention I hurt?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna take a course in massage, and come over there!
The queue can't be _that_ long, yet.

Nimrod

BTW, well done!

Anonymous said...

Well, you know, a wise sage once gave me some advice. I will now pass it onto you.

This sage stood next to me, stared at me eye to eye, and proudly proclaimed:

"Mulching is a process of inbred fertilization which employs certain decomposed organic materials-- including, but not limited to animal sediment-- to blanket an area in which vegetation is desired. The procedure enriches the soil for stimulated plant development while, at the same time, preventing erosion and decreasing the evaporation of moisture from the ground."

Learn from these wise words. --Emp. Peng.