Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hammy Goes Nuts

Did I not say that the rampaging German squirrel was going to give other squirrels ideas? This afternoon, I caught Hammy, as he has been christened (with my dishwater, but we're getting to that) taking a romp on the deck. My yard has been a squirrel-free zone for two years now, and not a week after the German Squirrel Rampage, one not only moves into the yard, but decides to test the waters for moving into the house. About 10 minutes after seeing Hammy romping around my deck rails, I rounded the corner into the kitchen to find Hammy throwing himself at the kitchen window--from the inside. This was a troubling development not only because I had a member of a recently-rampaging species running wild over my coffeemaker while I was wearing nothing more squirrel-proof than a skirt and a bikini top, but also because I had not opened any doors between the on-deck sighting and finding Hammy panicking in my sink. Lucky for me, Hammy kept it together long enough to eventually go out the way he came in, so tomorrow, I will be sealing what is apparently a gap behind the siding.

The squirrels have put us on notice.

No comments: