Monday, June 15, 2009

Do They Have Gardenholics Anonymous?

I think I may have a problem (you can stop laughing now) (no, really). It's probably perfectly normal to go to the garden center for some cilantro seeds, see the clearance rack and impulsively pick up a 4-pack of Super Chili Hot Pepper seedlings just because they're 88 cents for a 4-pack and the name is intriguing. I mean, that's what clearance racks are for, right? Buying stuff you don't really need because you already have 2 dozen hot pepper plants at home. It's a whole other breed of crazy to come home, look around the yard for somewhere to plant the 4 cute little seedlings, then spy the edge of the front walk and think, "Y'know, that would be the perfect place for these if I had eight more to fill out the bed."

I'm at the breed of crazy where I do all that, then turn around and actually drive back out to the nursery to get a dozen Super Chili Hot Peppers to convert a former hosta bed into a hot pepper hedge.

So, let this be a warning to anyone visiting the Rookery. I don't know what will be on the menu, but it will be spicy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you didn't want to see the fledglings, you could have just said so. How long do those things store? Because we won't visit until they are gone and I can retain my digestive system after dining at the Rookery!
~PengSis