Thursday, March 11, 2004

Grooism of the Day...

As we all know by now, to Groo is to commit an act so stupid that one's brain cells commit suicide out of the sheer embarrassment of being associated with synapses that would do that.

My remaining brain cells are popping their cyanide capsules as we speak. Today, my boss asked me to get the email address an phone number of a certain person who works at the Ohio State Medical Board. Taking the logical approach, I called the general switchboard number for the Board, which connects to a dial-by-name directory. No one ever answers their phone at the Medical Board, so I was prepared to leave a message when I finally navigated to the right voicemail box. Just my luck, the person I was looking for actually answered his phone. A bit flustered, I proceeded to ask for the requested information. He spelled out his email address carefully, and about the phone number simply said, "well, you called me."

Yes, some part of my brain actually executed the command, "Call this person and ask for his phone number." I think those neurons are being excommunicated.

No comments: