Tuesday, March 22, 2005

More 888-872-2629

Glad to hear I could help so many of you out there get rid of the Chase telemarketers (if you missed the first couple of posts, click here for the instructions on how to stop 888-872-2629 to stop calling you). Maybe some of you can give me a hand, now. I'm working on a related project that expands on the topic, and I could use some more in-depth input from people who have been telemarketed by their credit card company. I would rather not give out too much about the project yet since I'm not certain anything will come of it, but it has a much better chance of success if I can get one or two of you on record with just a little bit about your experiences getting telemarketing calls after signing up for services or buying something.

If you wouldn't mind sharing some details about your experiences being telemarketed and getting them to stop, please drop an email at perspectives@savepenguins.com. Also, on the off chance anyone out there has ever worked as a telemarketer, I'd like to get some input from you.

None of your information you provide will be posted at Penguin Perspectives, and I won't let your email address out. However, if something does come of this project, there is a chance your name (I will need a real name) and a quotation or two might one day wind up in print.

Again, the email address is perspectives@savepenguins.com, and I'll let you know from there exactly what sort of information I'm looking for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had that telemarketer call my house before and yes there was the do not call list. But thats not what i am writing about. I have had another telemarketer call my home on 3-25-05. If you could find out if they have a do not call list, would you please post it on your website? I tried calling it but nothing happened, so maybe theres a different number you have to call.