Sunday, August 13, 2006

Airport Insecurity

The one thing that could get me on an airplane while the TSA is in full freak-out mode has happened, so tomorrow afternoon I will be braving airport security. This liquid ban is about the silliest thing I have heard of in a long time. I suspect it will quietly go away sooner rather than later. There is only so long business travelers--the bulk of airlines' customers--will accept having their makeup and toothpaste wind up in Poughkeepsie when they are in Atlanta. The airlines had such a great track record of keeping track of checked baggage when there were some people not checking bags. I am also reasonably certain that an electronics ban will never catch on here. People can't wait until the plane gets to the gate to turn on their cell phones. No chance they'll accept checking the phones in the bags.

I should return in about a week. Stay tuned for my review of airport freak-out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should send your baggage via UPS Next Day if you need liquids. There should be NO baggage allowed in the cabin as far as I am concerned and definitely no damn cell phones. They are nothing more than a pain in the ass! 90+% of the calls on them are stupid.
Dad