Saturday, December 30, 2006

Recommended Penguin Reading

A "penguin guy" jumps floe.

While I bask in the attention penguins have gotten lately, I can sympathize with this guy. I've been a penguin person for just about as long as I can remember. Now that penguins are the "in" thing and it seems like you can't swing a Gentoo without hitting one, I feel compelled to point out that I was penguin before penguin was cool.

I'm not giving up, though. Penguins have been enjoying a surge in popularity lately, but it won't last forever. The penguin will always be with us, but already I have noticed a slow creep of monkeys into the ranks of popular animals. The penguin will level out and maybe decline a little, and then being a penguin person will be unique again. This is bad news for people who shop for penguin people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I admire constancy. Maybe the forward-thinking friends/relatives will purchase some penguin artefacts while plentiful, to save a lot of stress later.

Nimrod