Monday, November 05, 2007

This Saddens Me

I'm all in favor of writers getting paid for any and all uses of what they write (big surprise there). So, that part of me totally supports the WGA striking to get a decent deal on new media uses of the TV programs and movies they write. The other part of me wonders why this had to happen during the best new TV season in recent memory. For the first time I can remember, there is more than one new TV show I like in the new Fall lineup. I even went so far as to develop a rabid fangirliness for a sitcom, The Big Bang Theory, which was picked up for a full season just before the strike. Now, a day into picketing, my new favorite show has been put on hiatus. So help me, if it doesn't come back off hiatus when the dust settles from this labor dispute, I will weep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will weep with you, Fangirl, you have good taste, so it must be a good show.

Nimrod

Anonymous said...

Some excellent shows are now in hiatus, all we get is boredom and rubbish. Try some of the cable and satillite stations. We now enjoy BBC America's Hotel Babylon and some of Dr. Who. You may find some better shows.
Super Dad