Thursday, February 21, 2008

Political Musing

Emp. Peng. and I are planning to cross another thing off our "To Do Before I Die" lists: attend a political rally. Barack Obama is going to be in Akron, about an hour from us, on Saturday afternoon, and we're going to try to get in to the event. It should be interesting. I've never been in the same room as a presidential candidate before, and it will be interesting to see if Obama is as good in person as he is on video clips. I find Obama's speechifying to be quite compelling, to the point that I find myself trying very hard not to be enthralled. As a rule, I find it important to keep one's wits about oneself when listening to politicians. Committing to a political candidate while drunk on charisma is just not a good idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds interesting, please report back, afterwards.

I have never been to a rally, I once saw a Member of Parliament on a soapbox, but went right on by, 'cos I was working.

Nimrod