Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Two Random Inputs

Lewis Black has a great bit on thoughts that you have to get out of your head quickly, lest they make your brain explode. For example, the tidbit he overheard, "If it hadn't been for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college." Today, as we went into our polling place to vote in the primary, we heard a woman wearing Betty Boop pajama bottoms exclaim to the toddler she was carrying, "If I knew they were doing the voting, I wouldn't have worn these silly pants." Nope, I don't get it either (either the statement or the general principle of jammy bottoms being leave-the-house clothes). Understanding or not, though, I think I feel something leaking out my ears.

Lucky for me and my goal of keeping my prefrontal cortex internal, at the gas station a short while later, I looked up and saw the license plate "ATARDIS." While that pleases my inner geek, I can think of a lot of vehicles that license plate would work better on than a beige Ford Windstar. There are less TARDIS-like vehicles in the world, but not many.

No comments: