Thursday, April 03, 2008

Since You Asked (Well, Maybe Not You, But Someone)

When people find out I am in Mensa, one of the first questions they usually ask is, "What do Mensans talk about?" When I first joined an online Mensa discussion group, I got sucked in to a conversation that somehow segued into being about koala poop. Currently, and I am proud to say I started this one, there is a minor side discussion going on the subject of "If robots who were bound by Asimov's First Law of Robotics (A robot cannot harm a human, or through inaction cause a human being to come to harm) ran the U.S. economy, would they have bailed out Bear Stearns?" There is also a lively discussion on who writes the number 7 with a slash through it.

Find out how to join Mensa here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nobody ever asks me what Mensans talk about, I think they are so taken aback by the news (that I'm in Mensa) that they can't function.

Nimrod