Monday, February 23, 2004

Dangers of Office Supply Requests...

All I did was ask for small Post-It Notes in the next office supply order. I didn't expect a simple office supply requisition to degenerate into a shouting match in an office the size of my bathroom. If I had seen it coming, I would have just cut the large Post-Its in half and ran far, far away from the debate over brights and pastels. At one point, my boss threatened to take the cost of pastels out of the salary of the person who, among many other things, compiles our office supply orders.

The only reason I even got involved in the debacle was to show them what size I wanted; Post-Its are the only things in my office that aren't color-coded, so I don't care. They backed me, literally, into a corner with the paper shredder arguing over the relative merits of brights and pastels. In the end, I went with the well-known business principle of agreeing with the person signing your paycheck.

No comments: