Friday, February 13, 2004

Rationale...

Apparently, some people do not understand what could motivate someone to forsake an all-expenses-paid trip to the Bahamas to go to a Star Wars convention, so, taking a page from and possibly infringing on a trademark of Mr. Grooism, I offer you Thirteen and a Half Reasons I'm Going to Indianapolis Instead of the Caribbean.

1. I sunburn easily.

2. Two words: Swimsuit Weather

3. I don't care if it is the Bahamas, nature is still full of bugs and dirt.

4. No chance of vomiting on an airplane when driving to Indiana. I can tell you from personal experience that, while the "fasten seat belt" sign is lit, there is no way to discreetly throw up in flight, especially when you have an aisle seat.

5. I have Leia hair.

6. Chance to vindicate my theory as to why Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi disappear when they die, but Qui-Gon Jinn does not.

7. Better chances of seeing Liam Neeson in Indianapolis.

8. Lightsaber Duels

9. This is THE LAST STAR WARS INSTALLMENT EVER TO BE MADE.

10. Duty-free shops do not sell stormtrooper armor.

11. The Bahamas will still be there in May, 2005. The Star Wars Convention will not.

12. Fewer hurricanes in Indiana.

13. Celebration 2 souvenirs currently fetching higher prices on eBay than puka shell necklaces.

13 1/2. It's Star Wars...

No comments: