Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Irony Alert

Usually, when a legislature votes to remedy some minor problem, my response is "I see we've managed to solve poverty, health care, the federal deficit, world hunger, war, and global warming, so we can move on to the big stuff." Today, I'm going to mix it up a little and instead, I'm going to ask if the Texas House of Representatives knows where it is located and what goes on there.

Texas, home of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, has voted to ban suggestive cheerleading.

The utter stupidity of that is so obvious, I would not have made it up, and if I had been so creatively tapped out to have come up with that on my own, I would never post it here. It does not come close to the standards I set for Penguin Perspectives. "Suggestive cheerleading banned by the home state of the cheerleading squad that very literally invented suggestive cheerleading." Too easy.

No comments: