Friday, August 19, 2005

Down Side of Home Owership

It was the biggest bug I have ever seen in my life. Even worse, it was in my bedroom today.

I'm not sure what exactly it was. We have grasshoppers in the driveway and a variety of mid-sized songbirds in the backyard. I think they got together and somehow managed to have a child, and that child took up residence on the bracket doohicky that hold the curtain swags up. It took up the entire top.

When one is face-to-antennae with a bug roughly the size of a sparrow, the problem becomes how to eradicate it. Squishing it is out of the question. Aside from the large stain that would create, I'm pretty sure it would have just annoyed this bug and possibly provoked it. In the end, it took enough Raid For Flying Insects to create a haze in the room. The first coat barely stunned it. The carcass almost clogged the vacuum cleaner hose.

No comments: