Sunday, August 14, 2005

I'm Back...

...and for the first time, I actually hoped for a sudden loss of cabin pressure. At least then, the feral herd of Satan's minions in the form of five small children seated directly in front of me would have had something over their mouths. Sure, duct tape would have created a better seal than the oxygen mask, but I'd take anything after a child under 4 feet tall decided it was necessary to spend the entire flight with the seat fully reclined into my lap.

I have an idea for another rule the TSA can implement to make our travel safer. Any children who start throwing tantrums at top volume before the cabin doors close get to ride in the cargo hold. I'd suggest strapping them to the wing, but I'm not sure how a 4-year-old would affect the aerodynamics.

Nonetheless, we made it home safely. I'm still waiting for the luggage, which didn't make the connection in Dallas. If our flight crew hadn't been delayed, we wouldn't have made the connection ourselves.

No comments: