Sunday, August 21, 2005

Floss Time

Over at News From ME (which everyone should read daily), ME is hawking the benefits of the Reach Access Daily Flosser. I took advantage of the free flosser offer (click here to, ahem, access the offer) a while back and I must credit Reach for getting me to floss again. For the longest time, I refused to floss because I find the officially sanctioned technique absolutely disgusting. The thought of wrapping my used floss, coated with dental plaque, around my finger is about as appealing as going without toilet paper, since both end up with bodily waste on your hands. The Reach flosser solves that problem, as you never touch used floss.

The down side that ME does not mention is that the refill cartridges for the Daily Flosser run somewhere around $5 for a 28-pack, which can get spendy. Also, you're stuck using the floss that comes pre-packed in the cartridges, which I don't particularly like. Butler GUM has come up with an even better flossing solution in the Floss Mate floss handle. Basically, it is an inexpensive Y-shaped contraption that you thread with your own preferred floss (unwaxed mint, for me). It's more economical, but you still don't need to smear your plaque all over your hands.

No comments: