Friday, January 20, 2006

What Will They Think of Next?

So this is what I miss by not watching television commercials. Someone has invented boneless chicken wings, and people are apparently paying real money for buckets of them. Boneless wings? Chicken wings are already nature's joke meat. The meat on them adds up to something slightly less substantial than a strand of twine. My chicken anatomy expert will no doubt correct me, but I'd think that if you take the bones out of a chicken wing, you would be left with some flappy skin and just enough stringy meat to get stuck in your teeth. Better off just sucking down the marinade by the spoonful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(laughing) They're going to come up with chickens bred with boneless wings. Can you imagine the labor involved in deboning a wing using sterilized equiptment? (laughing harder) Say, when you hear about the boneless wing breed coming out, notify me so I can put my order in. Then my hens can't fly into the goat manger to lay their eggs! Too funny!
--Ann O.