Friday, January 13, 2006

With Luck, This Now Blows

In the latest chapter of the Saga of the Driveway, we obtained a secondhand snowblower that had one minor problem: the engine would start just fine, but as soon as you set it to snow and put a load on the engine, it would stall. Although I am getting to be more handy around the house, I am not yet to the point where I am comfortable rebuilding a carbeurator, so I took it to a local small engine repair shop. The man writing up the work order assured me that, as long as it was strictly an engine problem, they should be able to fix it. However, they had no way to test the repairs since the last of the snow melted a bit more than a week ago. If there were a foot of snow out, he said, they could test it, but not now.

Yeah. What sort of idiot takes a snowblower in for repairs between snowstorms? Being prepared is so inconvenient.

No comments: