Monday, November 27, 2006

Jones Soda Finale

The Jones Soda Novelty Flavor Tour ended tonight with Antacid, and a fitting finale it was. Perhaps I am a little weird (I'll pause and let you all stop laughing and pick yourselves up), but I don't particularly mind the flavor of Pepto-Bismol. It ranks somewhere below marshmallow fluff on the scale of ideal ice cream topping flavors, but Pepto isn't too bad. Jones Soda managed to capture the flavor perfectly.

The flavor is not what made it a perfect capper to the adventure. I have not mentioned it up to now, but calling these sodas "carbonated" is a bit of a stretch. They have enough CO2 to tickle the esophagus, but I've had more fizz in the back of the fridge. Tonight, I think we found the missing carbonation. Emp. Peng. knocked back the first hearty swig, and--well, it bore a striking resemblance to the Diet Coke and Mentos videos making the rounds. In sum: soda geyser. Now, the sofa has pea and Pepto spray on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are eternally thankful for your bravery (some would say 'folly') in trying those flavours, and appreciate your judgements.

May I repeat, you'll not get me trying it.

Nimrod