Monday, November 27, 2006

Jones Soda Taste Adventure, Part Four

I wanted to title this one "I Drank Pea," but that would not be quite accurate. I sniffed Pea flavor, then passed the bottle off to Emp. Peng. He sniffed, said "what the hell," took a swig and proceeded to do a spit take over half of the living room. Now, a mist of carbonated pea over the sectional would be enough to convince most people to skip quaffing the offending beverage themselves, but I am not most people. In the interest of giving everyone a full report on the complete novelty soda lineup for 2006, I had to taste some myself. However, I am not (always) stupid. I poured a teaspoon into the dose cup provided with the sodas and stood over the bathroom sink. I think I managed to expose my entire tongue to the beverage before spitting it out and fumbling for the bottle of Listerine, lest any of my taste buds remember that experience.

Verdict: in the bottle, it resembles watered-down split pea baby food. It does not taste half as good as it looks.

No comments: