Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Unhappy Feet.

I've gotten over the Happy Feet movie trailer that clearly shows Mumble the penguin swimming in his chick down. Understandable that someone could have failed to notify Warner Brothers that chick down is not waterproof and Mumble would freeze to death well before the middle of the production number. I've gotten over the clip showing the skuas talking to Mumble instead of doing what skuas would normally do to an isolated penguin chick. I understand that you can't have a PG movie with your cute and cuddly protagonist disemboweled.

But now...I just don't know. The supporting penguins are shilling for Roche Pharmaceutical's ad campaign for flu awareness over at www.flufacts.com. In a way, that is about the most penguinally accurate cross-promotion ever. Adelie penguins, the prostitutes of the penguin world, are known for doing just about anything for nesting materials. I suppose I should not be surprised to find them pimping Tamiflu.

No comments: