Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Dreaming of Con Freebies

I've just about finished unpacking. We ended up with 19 books, 15 of which we got free. Total cover price for the free books is $5.01 more than we paid to get into the convention.

One of the not-so-freebie books we acquired over the weekend is The Android's Dream by John Scalzi. This is the first time I have ever plunked down money for the hardcover edition of a novel, based solely on the dust jacket. Until I saw the dust jacket laying on a table 8 months ago, sans book, I had never even heard of John Scalzi. I read the inside flap copy and decided then and there I had to read this. The blurb is that good. The first three chapters--as far as I got before I had to put it aside momentarily for some semi-professional reading--are even better. Really. Go buy it.

No comments: