Saturday, July 28, 2007

Friday Con Moment

Coming back from dinner tonight, we had a nice, normal two-block walk (incredibly normal if you believe the news coverage of the convention). We crossed the trolley tracks while chatting up another fan who had just recently seen the movie referenced on my t-shirt, and I turned to the right to see four people standing on the corner with ads for a gaming convention playing on LCD monitors in their shirts. I turned away from that to see the movie Blade Runner playing on giant TV screens fitted into the sides of a van rolling down the street. I had to check my watch to make sure I hadn't teleported into the future in the last block and a half. Now, of course, it occurs to me that the time/space continuum might not reset my watch if I had, in fact, teleported. The things one thinks of after the fact.

No comments: