Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Bull in a China Shop

Yesterday at work they set me to washing several thousand dollars worth of bone china tea sets.

When a blog entry starts like that, you can guarantee the tale does not end well. Actually, it does not even begin well. In short, I now hold the store's land speed record for fastest breakage of china, though not the most expensive breakage incident. The fourth thing I picked up, a $35 green saucer, flew right out of my hand and slammed edge-on into a metal mixing bowl, taking a hefty chip out of the side of the saucer.

This is why I own Melmac dishes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"This is why I own Melmac dishes."

You broke a bunch of them too. That's why we don't collect souvenier glassware. ---The Guy Who Lives With You.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's real Larry-level Klutziness!

Anonymous said...

Boy sis, when you come out, I am not getting out my good dishes! It's the training dishes I use for the kids for you! Still love ya though!