Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Not Making This Up

Browsing the "Gifts and Flowers/For the Pet" category over at www.overstock.com, I found several dog leashes, pet carriers, puppy treats...and a clarinet.

Granted, when I was first learning the clarinet in the fifth grade, my father compared it rather unfavorably to a goose call, so there is an argument to be made that a beginner's clarinet may be animal-related merchandise. However, to my knowledge, woodwinds are generally not considered pet supplies. However, I will defer to any musicians out there (ahem, you know who you are) to correct me if I am mistaken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't know. Have you ever heard of a Baa-aa-aa-aa-aa-soon?

I also know know some people who tried to use their flutes as cattleprods/anal probes.

And while a tuba isn't a pet supply, a tuba case is a veritable menagerie for small animals, both living and scientifically-dissected.

Elie