Sunday, November 02, 2003

Back In Action

I won't bore you with the insipid details of my saga with the broadband tech support--after all, everyone has a tech support horror story. Suffice it to say, somewhere between calls 7 and 9 to the customer support center, I managed to get myself bumped up in the in-home tech support schedule by a few days, by impressing upon them that this whole situation came about because I followed their instructions and I am not about to go half a week without internet service because of their mistakes.

So we now have a new modem and network card, which as far as I can tell have nothing to do with anything they did to cause the problem. Nonetheless, we're back in action, so I can't complain. Moral of the story: the more times you call customer support, the faster they get someone out to get you to stop calling.

No comments: