Thursday, November 20, 2003

Holy Matrimony, Batman!

Whatever we all think of allowing same-sex marriages, can we not all agree that the current, dismal, state of marriage can be attributed largely to how easy it is for heterosexual couples to get married? Honestly, if you can get married without leaving your car, is the institution of marriage really in that great shape? While I did get out of my car to exchange vows, I spent longer in the Social Security Administration office changing my name on my social security card than I spent getting my marriage license and getting married, combined. Come to think of it, I have spent longer on hold with the student loan people than I spent in the entire matrimonial process, and the student loan people want money from me.

For a more eloquent look on why marriage was in trouble even before same-sex couples wanting in on it, click here.

No comments: