Saturday, March 06, 2004

D'Oh!

My father once told me that if there was an easy way and a hard way to do something, I would find a third, even more difficult way. Case in point:

Volvo just rolled out a new concept car at the Geneva Auto Show (Click here). I was listening to the story on NPR this morning on the way to work, and this afternoon, I told Elie all about the new, woman-driver-friendly features of the car: low maintenance, headrest shaped to accommodate ponytails, and sensors that will park the car for you. However, the feature I was most excited about was the adjustable heel rest that makes driving in high heels easier. I explained to Elie the geometry of why driving in heels is difficult, and considering that I drive mostly to and from work in heels, the adjustable heel rest would be a really great feature to have in a car. I probably went on for a good five minutes before Elie asked, "why don't you just wear your sneakers to drive?"

In the cartoon version of my life, I am still slapping my forehead.

No comments: