Sunday, May 02, 2004

Blue Car Effect

The Blue Car Effect is that phenomenon by which you don't notice how many blue cars are on the road until you buy a blue car yourself. Mr. Grooism attributes the Blue Car Effect to me, even though I don't quite remember when I would have mentioned it in a context with Larry.

We here at Penguin Perspectives are experiencing the Blue Car Effect--oddly enough, with a blue car, even. Until yesterday, we thought that pretty much nobody in Toledo, Ohio drove Volvos. After all, Toledo is home to the Jeep Liberty and you can't spit in a parking lot without hitting at least 3 Jeep Grand Cherokees. However, since we purchased our blue Volvo yesterday, Volvos are everywhere. There were two, not counting ours, in the Circuit City parking lot when we went in search of a GPS mounting bracket to replace the original one, still attached to the Mustang.

I am going to try to keep up the daily posting in the next few days, but I may get sporadic again before the end of the week, for reasons I will reveal after I have all the details. If I do, check out the links at the right. Not everyone there posts daily (and the shameless commerce page is static), but they all have good things to say.

No comments: