Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Done...

I just printed out my last final, including an answer to the question the professor said would be on the final but was not: "What would be the biggest problem if we had cars that could travel at the speed of light?" He said it would be that you couldn't pick up comely hitchhikers. He did not appreciate the answer I gave in class, that gas bills would be horrendous, provided we could come up with a way to violate the laws of physics and accelerate something with mass to light speed, so I included a bonus answer on my final: a half-page explanation of why, at the speed of light, you would never be able to tune your car radio.

I hand the final in exactly 8 hours from now. Then we're going out to Coldstone Creamery to celebrate the end of 7 years of college (or 5 years if you don't count the two I took off in the middle after we moved to Ohio). Civilization has now advanced to the point that we have battery-operated dental floss (the link only discusses the manual version, but my grocery store sells a one that takes AAs) and a flavor of ice cream that tastes exactly like uncooked yellow cake batter. Does life get better than this?

No comments: