Sunday, April 04, 2004

Last Chance...

Did you remember to set all your clocks back? Is the VCR now blinking 1:00 instead of 12:00?

For the longest time, I didn't wear a watch, until Elie bought me one because he couldn't see how I operated without one. At work, I sit underneath a clock. I have a little clock on my computer's taskbar. If I'm going somewhere, I have a clock in my dashboard. It's the same logic by which I do not have a cell phone: why carry one with me when I'm never more than 3 feet from one all day? A short list of things we had to reset in our house last night:
-wristwatches (it's useful for remembering which way is left)
-microwave
-stove
-alarm clock
-Batman clock in living room
-counter-clockwise clock in office
-DVD recorder
-VCR
-coffee maker
That does not count the five devices that reset the time themselves.

We have 15 functional timekeeping implements in an apartment with only six doors. Daylight Saving Time (not "Savings") tends to make one notice just how obsessed we are with knowing what time it is.

No comments: