Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

1. The nature violator is apparently a bird, and he was back today, after Karen, bird person extraordinaire, managed to get him out of the ceiling last night.

2. Ever noticed that Alan Greenspan sounds like Winnie the Pooh?

3. Word from News from ME is that Carrie Nodell, Mart Nodell's wife of 60-odd years, has died. Mart Nodell (co-creator of Green Lantern) was the first comic creator I ever met at a comic book convention, and he's been at pretty much every convention I've been at since. Mrs. Nodell was never far from his side at any of them, keeping all his pens orderly while he sketched, and making sure he spelled names correctly on the original art and comic books he autographed for us fans. She also seemed to be the head one in charge of talking up the original art and Green Lantern merchandise he had for sale at his tables. If recollection serves, Mrs. Nodell was the one who convinced me to buy the reproduction art of Poppin' and Mrs. Fresh (AKA the Pillsbury Doughboy and his wife), another Nodell creation. One day when I have real walls in my kitchen, I'm getting that framed and hanging it up in there.

No comments: