Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Am I Really That Old?

Tonight, we took advantage of a Media Play promo to trade in 4 used DVDs for 1 new release DVD. Among the movies on the chopping block was The Three Musketeers (starring Kiefer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen, Oliver Platt, and Chris O'Donnell). It was really hot back when I was about a sophomore in high school and girls drowned themselves in puddles of their own saliva over Chris O'Donnell. The perky high school girl doing our trade-in was astonished that I could even consider trading in a movie that has such a cult following at her school.

Cult following. That's what she said. Can I really be old enough that the movies that provided the soundtracks of my high school years are now "cult classics"? Also, they've moved on through the cycle of Guys Who Make Girls Drool. Hold on to your seat, Maggie. They're drooling over Kiefer Sutherland now.

For the record, I turned 26 earlier this month.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kiefer Sutherland! What?!?! That just isn't right.

The girl must have been mistaken. I still have the cassette single for the big love song that was in that movie (obviuosly not THAT big since I cannot remember the name of it), AND I own that movie on VHS. I never watch it. In fact I may have given it away...

Nothing that I remember going to in the theater is allowed to be a 'cult classic'!!

Wow I'm old. Only two years until our 10 year reunion. What happened to my youth?? Although I know I am still young....it seems like I'm a million miles away from the girl I was at GHS.

M H

Anonymous said...

Uh, hey! I resemble that remark! This year is my 1-0 and 3-0 isn't far behind!!!! Come to think of it, will they find me after 2 name changes? Next question, do I want them to? Ann O.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my 10 years out and 30 years in isn't that far away. In fact, one of those is this November (we're blowing it off for a comic book convention).

I keep Janet young by occasionally putting Barney & Friends on the TV when she's on the phone. "Heynonynonynonymous"

Anonymous said...

Barney?!?! That's enough to make someone want to get old and lose their hearing! Ann O.