Wednesday, January 07, 2004

All Together Now: "How Cold Was It?"...

I'm a bit lazy when it comes to hauling heavy things up to my third floor apartment, which is why I keep my laundry detergent in the back seat of my car. No sense carrying the warehouse-club-size jug of detergent up and down stairs, since I have no use for it outside the laundromat. Except on laundry day, I generally forget about it.

Well, today was laundry day. Like much of the country, we are in the midst of a bit of a cold spell out here--today we've warmed up to 14 degrees. Still, lack of clean socks can be a great motivator, so I hauled my laundry and bundled-up self to the laundromat down the road, where I discovered that my liquid laundry detergent is now roughly the consistency of an All Free And Clear-flavored Slurpee.

No comments: