Saturday, January 31, 2004

Didn't Expect That When I Woke Up...

According to the thermometer, it was 7 degrees this morning when I left for work, via the dumpster to take my trash out. As I came down the stairs from my apartment, household waste in hand, I came face-to-squad car with not one, but two county sheriffs and a city police officer. One of the sheriffs, looking more bewildered than I am comfortable seeing my on-duty law enforcement personnel look, asked me if I had been the one who called them.

I am smarter than to backtalk anyone with a gun, not to mention I have immense respect for our police, but I almost wanted to ask him, "If I had called you, would I have come out to meet you carrying two bags of empty soda bottles, cat food cans, coffee grounds, and used tissues?"

No comments: