Saturday, January 24, 2004

Stir Crazy...

It's been three weeks since I have seen grass. The thermometer hasn't registered above 30 degrees for 20 days now. Someone needs to invent a muffler, scarf or nose warmer that does not drive one's breath up over one's eyeglasses, where it frosts over. A layer of salt covers everything outdoors and up to four feet inside doors. I want a thaw so I can wash my car and remember what color it is without the salt and road grime. No matter how much almond oil I slather on, my skin is still painfully dry and chaffed from being subjected to thermal underwear. I thought the slushee laundry detergent (see my January 7 entry in the archives) was as frozen as it would get. I was wrong. It was frozen solid today. Solid.

Bring on the Groundhog. I'm ready for spring.

No comments: