Saturday, January 24, 2004

The Wide World of Laundry...

My mother had me doing my own laundry from about the time I was tall enough to reach into the washer. In all that time, today was the first time I have ever turned anything pink, in spite of consistently integrating my laundry in ways that would make Strom Thurmond steam. If it had only been the sock whose elastic was shot, or the Fruit of the Looms, it would have been OK. No, I had to go all out and turn Elie's business-blue dress shirt partially business-purple. Not entirely purple, which also would have been workable. Just the back of the collar and right cuff.

Wouldn't you know, the one time I throw an item in without looking at the washing instruction is the one time they weren't kidding about "machine wash cold." The kicker: I still didn't get the spot out of the front of my jacket.

No comments: