Friday, January 16, 2004

Baby, It's Cold Outside...

In all the talk about how cold it is outside, no one seems to be mentioning the positive aspects of our little cold snap. Sure, I had to break out the long underwear and mylar mitten liners to take the trash out this morning, but the sub-freezing temps have made grocery shopping a whole lot more convenient. Since it's a whopping 16 degrees outside, my Toyota Prius is actually colder than my refrigerator. I can do the marketing, pop a couple roasts and the low-carb ice cream (try it--better than regular ice cream!) in the trunk, and run my other errands without going home first to put the groceries away. This is the kind of convenience you just cannot get in July.

Incidentally, if you've notice posts are a bit shorter than usual, I am nursing a minor injury to my left middle finger that has made typing a bit uncomfortable lately. I'm getting better, though, so the detailed blogging will recommence shortly.

No comments: